We are so excited to this year be celebrating 80 years since the business was founded by Harry J Palmer, Grandfather of current Managing Director, May.
Harry founded and ran the business from his home in Ivy Road, Merley, the first house built under the Harry J Palmer name. After being called up, Harry returned to Dorset in 1945 and continued to grow the business, renting premises behind the Malmesbury and Parsons Dairy on The Broadway in Broadstone.
In 1954 Harry bought the Manor House and gardens in Broadstone, where he and his wife Ena brought up their son Colin, who later continued the Company. The Company operated from that site until our move to Wimborne in 2009.
Harry (on the drivers side of the right hand car in the picture), pictured with Staff showing off their new CB Radios.